Highlights from the IBM i webinar, STAND BY YOUR i, Addressing today and planning
for tomorrow by Steve Will, Chief Architect of the IBM i operating system.
Connectria and IBM hosted an IBM i webinar on March 30, presented by Steve Will, Chief Architect for the IBM i operating system. Steve has worked on IBM i and its predecessors since before the creation of the AS/400, and is currently responsible for setting the strategy and plan for the IBM i operating system. He is an award-winning speaker, author of one of the most popular IBM i blogs, “You and i,” and is one of the most sought-after voices at customer briefings and events.
View Steve Will’s IBM i recorded webinar to learn more about the topics highlighted below.
Here are some of the key topics and slides that Steve Will covered in this can’t-miss webinar:
- History of AS/400 since 1988 to IBM i for Business
- Requirements for a Business Solution Platform
- IBM i is a platform for the future & is cloud capable
- TCO is 50% lower and reliability is 5-10x higher
- IBM I allows for more current tooling and GUI interfaces beyond the green screen.
- IBM i’s active user community provides input to the future direction of the platform
Note: The webinar was held on March 30, 2017
About Connectria’s IBM i Managed Services
Connectria has been providing IBM i Managed Hosting and IBM i Remote Management services for customers around the globe for over 15 years. We are a pioneer in IBM i Cloud Hosting and, outside of IBM, are one of the largest IBM i Hosting providers with over 300 Managed LPARS.