For many businesses, compliance is an essential component of what you do and how you protect your customers. Whether you’re in the healthcare sector, financial services, or any other industry that must adhere to specific rules of governance or law, there are many issues to consider. Taking a strategic approach to compliance ensures that your clients’ information is secure so they can best serve their own customers, and it ensures your reputation as a business that people can put their trust into.
Here, we’ll review some basic types of governance and some of the core challenges that arise in hosting highly regulated information, as well as the solutions that are available for your business.
Each type of regulation has its own guidelines that make it unique. This quick rundown gives you an idea of the variety of regulations that exist in your industry as well as others:
- PCI – Payment card industry (PCI) compliance involves the technical aspects that businesses must adhere to when accepting credit card payments. These operational standards ensure that cardholders’ personal data is protected.
- HIPAA – The Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) regulates patient data protection. Any healthcare related business than handles sensitive patient data or protected health information (PHI) must adhere to HIPAA standards with the proper hardware, network, and processes in place to guarantee the security of private health information.
- GDPR – The General Data Protection Regulation is a compliance measure on EU law regarding consumer privacy and data protection for EU citizens and individuals in the European Economic Area. The GDPR also regulates how personal data is transferred outside the EU.
- NIST – The National Institute of Standards and Technology is a government agency responsible for developing technology and standards regarding innovation and economic competition in US-based businesses in the science and technology industries.
- ISO 27001 – ISO is a regulation relating to an information security management system (ISMS). This covers all policies and operations’ frameworks for a company’s information risk management process.
Challenges of Compliance and Hosting
With this basic understanding of some of the regulations that govern eCommerce, financial, healthcare, and other sectors, it’s easy to imagine how technology can play a significant role. When it comes to your website and online operations, poor hosting can be disastrous for your business. Hosting should exist seamlessly in the background without being noticed or considered by your users. When poor hosting comes into play, companies suffer from costly downtime, a poor user experience, and cases where compliance is involved, it can result in security breaches and compromised customer data, which can be fatal for your business.
Clearly, superior-quality hosting is a must for businesses that must comply with the regulations described above. If you work in an industry with compliance requirements, you must be able to enforce air-tight control over your customer’s data. In your case, it’s critical to keep sensitive data within your network and guarantee safeguards against data breaches. For companies with compliance regulation requirements, the right hosting will offer strong and reliable disaster recovery solutions, data security measures, and 24/7 monitoring to ensure the utmost safety of your customers’ private data.
The Connectria Advantage
When it comes to compliance requirements, your organization needs a leading hosting partner in your corner to give your data the protection you need. Connectria is that partner. Our team is made up of experts at assessing vulnerabilities, security risks, and other data threats. We take a proactive approach to protecting the integrity of your systems and data.
The best way to handle a security threat is to prevent one from happening in the first place. For us, this means 24/7 threat prevention approach for businesses with compliance needs, whether that’s HIPAA, PCI, or other regulations, and one way we accomplish this is with our TRiA Cloud Management Platform.
The Connectria Compliance Methodology
As mentioned, our approach is one that is proactive, not reactive. This means constant monitoring and advanced strategic design that we apply to your compliance needs. For us, this comes in the form of a three-pronged approach:
1 – HyperCare
Our support system is available to our clients around the clock, 24/7. Our focus is on reliability, system performance, and security. We offer more than just peace of mind – we are results-driven and have a proven regulation compliance track record.
2 – Dedicated Compliance Team for Your Organization
Your business is important to us, and your client’s security is even more important. Our compliance and security experts are available to every one of our customers and we are ready to help at any time so you can ensure that you’re adhering to your particular compliance requirements.
3 – Technology Agnostic
As leaders in solutions involving multiple vendors, we support a full range of technology and managed services. As a team, we manage and deliver the highest security levels and protocols through our unparalleled service.
Connectria does things differently simply by doing them better. Forming a strong security strategy ahead of time gives us more time to focus on maintaining your clients’ data security, with less focus on last-minute recovery from a disastrous situation or security breach. Protecting your clients’ data is your utmost concern, and it’s ours as well.
Monitoring and managing your compliance needs is our strong suit, and as your strategic managed services provider, we apply this strength to monitoring and managing all of your compliance needs. The greater the trust you can put in your managed services provider and hosting partner, the more resources and energy you can dedicate to growing your business and taking steps forward as an organization.
Connect with the Connectria team to learn more about our compliance security offerings, our TRiA Cloud Management Platform, and to arrange a consultation. Let us show you the Connectria difference to give you the confidence and security you need to successfully run your regulated business.