Since Earth Day was first celebrated in 1970, people (and businesses) gather each year on April 22nd to bring awareness to the importance of protecting our natural resources for future generations. Here at Connectria, our commitment to being the Jerk Free Company® – and going “above and beyond” – also extends to how we take care of our planet.
On Earth Day and beyond, we promote environmental sustainability through our “Green Initiative,” which seeks to identify both internal and external resources for going – but more importantly – staying “green.” Some of the ways we implement our Green Initiative here, as well as throughout the St. Louis community, are included below. Please note: these are simple ideas every company should consider implementing.
- Placing recycling repositories within each facility
- Using real coffee cups and glasses to reduce paper waste
- (Even though most roles within Connectria are 100% paperless) we use recycled materials whenever possible
- Alternative transportation:
- Encouraging carpooling to help reduce traffic, air pollution and other negative side effects of solo automobile travel
- Supporting bicycling (we recently had bike racks installed at our facilities) or walking to work
- Utilizing Local Eco-Friendly Businesses:
- We partner with St. Louis-based Pedro’s Planet, a nationwide distributor of more than 40,000 green-friendly office supplies, recycling and shredding services. They handle our recycled materials – including paper, plastic, aluminum and ink toners. What’s more, Pedro’s donates the money collected from its sales of wastepaper (to paper mills) to environmental groups committed to helping our planet!
Today on Earth Day, join us in the No Jerks Allowed movement and help protect our home.