As 2014 draws to a close, we wanted to take a moment to reflect on the past year here at Connectria. From awards and workplace recognitions to new client wins and data center expansions, 2014 has been a fantastic year thanks to the dedication and hard work of our No Jerks Allowed team. Let’s take a deeper dive into a few of the great and newsworthy moments from the past year.
Best Place to Work Awards
- Named to Computerworld’s 2014 Best Places to Work in IT: This distinction recognizes Connectria as one of the 100 top organizations that challenge their IT employees while providing great benefits and compensation. Our President and CEO Rich Waidmann noted, “In addition to providing generous compensation and benefits, Connectria continually strives to create a work environment where our employees are professionally challenged while having fun. We believe this honor is a direct reflection of our “No Jerks Allowed” company philosophy and culture.”
- Named to St. Louis Post-Dispatch Top Workplaces for 2014: This distinction, which Connectria has earned for the second year, was based solely on employee feedback. In the anonymous survey, employees noted that in addition to fostering a challenging and rewarding work environment, Connectria’s generous benefits, special perks and unique culture were among the other reasons why they felt happy and able to thrive professionally in our workplace.
Data Center Growth
- Significantly expanded our Dallas Data Center: To meet increasing customer demand, we increased our Dallas Data Center, a Tier 4 CyrusOne facility, over 200%. The Dallas location is one of four Connectria Data Center locations; the others are located in St. Louis, Missouri and Philadelphia, Pennsylvania. Since its opening in August 2012, the Dallas Data Center has experienced steady growth, due in large part to increased demand for Cloud and Disaster Recovery solutions.
- Winner of a 2014 IBM Beacon Award for Outstanding Expert Integrated Systems Solution, PureSystems Category: Each year, this honor is awarded to a select number of IBM Business Partners who have delivered exceptional solutions to drive business value and transform the way their clients and industries do business. Connectria’s winning solution involved the delivery of a HIPAA Compliant Private Cloud based upon the IBM PureSystems Platform. The hybrid private cloud solution also included an additional PureSystems environment at the customer’s location, managed remotely by Connectria, for disaster recovery purposes.
- Achieved the level of Amazon Advanced Consulting Partner: We formally launched Connectria’s Managed AWS last October during AWS re:Invent 2013 after a number of months of alpha and beta testing with existing customers. Since then, we have experienced strong customer growth for our Managed AWS solutions, and have further invested in our AWS engineering and support organization to support the demand. In order to achieve Amazon Advanced Consulting Partner status, a partner must exceed significant monthly revenue thresholds, have a substantial number of customer references, and possess a large number of business and technical accreditations.
2014 has been a wonderful year for the Connectria team – and we are excited to see what’s in store for 2015. Happy New Year!
Contact our team today to learn how we can support you and your business!