Connectria Hosting - Current Job Posting
Job Title: AWS Solutions Architect
Position Type: Full time
Location: Creve Coeur, MO
GREAT OPPORTUNITY! AWS Solutions Architect
Want to be rewarded & appreciated for what you do? Take your career to the Cloud!
We have been ranked 5-times as one of the “Best Places To Work in St. Louis” and a 2017 Computerworld 100 Best Places To Work In IT.
This is a great opportunity with one of the world's fastest growing Cloud companies!
Connectria has been at the forefront of managed hosting since 1998, and since that time we have evolved to deliver a broad array of hosting and cloud computing solutions. At the core of Connectria is a unique company culture and working environment and we are proud to be publicly recognized as a “Best Places to Work in IT” year after year. This is due, in no small part, to our No Jerks Allowed® philosophy, a fun and highly collaborative spirit, and our entrepreneurial attitude that sets us apart and keeps our team members impassioned, driven, and fulfilled.
Connectria is seeking an AWS Solutions Architect to join our rapidly growing AWS Services team! This fast paced, cutting edge group is a devops focused team responsible for working directly with our customers to help them adopt, monitor, and manage their evolving cloud computing needs. This AWS Solutions Architect is a high-impact role which will play a key part in driving the continued growth of our AWS business. In addition to helping our existing customers maintain and grow their AWS footprint, in this role you will also participate in pre-sales activities including helping prepare proposals, proof-of-concepts, demonstrations, roadmaps, and architectural design sessions. In this role, you will be positioned as the client’s trusted advisor making best practice recommendations and approaches to unlock the full potential of running solutions on AWS. Additionally, as a trusted advisor this role will evangelize DevOps approaches by working with software engineers to build automated CI/CD pipelines and automating the monitoring and operational needs of the AWS environments.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Technical liaising between customers, development & support teams
- Provide technical leadership to support teams & stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with Agile software engineering teams to design and develop continuous integration / continuous deployment pipelines leveraging tools like CodePipeline and Jenkins.
- Mentor and train a team of AWS Administrators and AWS Systems Engineers and facilitate cross training within and between departments.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and recurring problems that impact production applications or business processes
- Design, document, and maintain architecture diagrams for systems, processes, and interfaces
- Direct collaboration with customer account management teams to formulate and help execute delivery and growth strategy
- Being an AWS evangelist, who is passionate about educating customers on the value of Connectria and AWS
- Participating in architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
- Facilitate hands-on educational sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering, or already using, AWS
- Build proof of concepts (POCs) to actively demonstrate solutions
- Manage incidents as a point of escalation and resolving issues quickly and concisely for high profile AWS environments.
Required skills and experience
- Comprehensive understanding of AWS including: AWS Command Line (CLI), AWS SDK, current AWS product offerings and services, best practices and troubleshooting techniques, and experience providing systems administration and issue resolution for AWS.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional is a must. Experience with CloudWatch (Events/Logs), IAM Roles, CloudTrail, EC2 Systems Manager, cross account AIM group policies, auditing, and monitoring.
- Expert level experience with IaaS - EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, KMS, Config, SNS, SQS, SES, SWF, S3, and Glacier
- Data Management - Redshift, RDS, EMR, Data Pipeline, Kinesis, DynamoDB
- Mastery with one or more scripting or programming languages.
- Experience with security and compliance in AWS
- Demonstrated experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet (Configuration Management), CodePipeline and Jenkins (Continuous Integration/Development).
- Good judgment in proactively identifying issues and recommending solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively within a team, while also taking the initiative to lead when needed. Ability to influence others and gain support for ideas is desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects at the same time. This includes support of existing customers, building out environments for new customers, and ongoing projects.
- The ability to keep current with the latest AWS service offerings and willingness to accept training and certification
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Preferred skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with DevOps, Private/Hybrid/Public cloud configurations, patterns, and practices.
- Experience with cloud platforms Azure, Google, SoftLayer.
- Experience with Docker
- Ability to work with REST API.
- Knowledge of datacenter management, ITIL and MOF operational processes.
- Open Source experience is a plus.
WHAT'S IN IT FOR YOU?
The opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing companies in the country, and a great place to work! Connectria offers comfortable offices in St. Louis and the generous benefits you’d expect from a large company, with the relaxed family-oriented atmosphere of a small company.
We offer an excellent compensation plan, with generous benefits including:
- 100% paid employee medical and dental insurance premiums
- Paid vacations
- 401(k) Plan with guaranteed match
- Paid disability insurance
- Paid life insurance
- On-site fitness center
- Free personal trainers
- Free gym memberships
- Free refreshments
- Free fresh fruit and snacks
- St. Louis Cardinals & St. Louis Blues tickets for our employees
- And much more!
So if you're interested in a great opportunity with one of the fastest growing technology companies and a Best Place To Work in St. Louis, we'd love to talk with you!
Connectria Corporation operates in a Tobacco / Smoke Free Environment. Send resumes to HR@connectria.com.
Please No Phone Calls & No Employment Agencies