Job Title: Product Manager
Status: Full Time, Creve Coeur
The Product Manager brings together four key competencies: Team Development, Product Vision, Execution, and Product Culture. The Product Manager will have direct responsibility for managing the direct and indirect resources that participate in the product management process. Additionally, this position is responsible for tactically and strategically organizing, implementing, and maintaining all day-to-day activities along with the personnel needed to manage the current product and service offerings to efficiently and effectively communicate to our clients and our employees the expectations of timeline, pricing, and functionality of the offerings.
- Building a world-class product management organization capable of driving product initiatives that correlate financial performance with product market performance.
- Translate the core strategic vision to a prioritized product roadmap, implementing best practices for product planning and lifecycle management.
- Assessing current and evolving customer needs and performing market analysis to help determine build/buy/partner decisions.
- Work closely with Sales/Marketing to drive the go to market strategies for each product or product line and define pricing and competitive positioning.
- Define the product strategy roadmaps to ensure a product mix that meets client needs and business objectives. Also, establish the supporting processes for the development, design, and launch of new products and services.
- Establish the procedures, policies, and processes within product management framework inclusive to the interaction with other departments outside of product management.
- Lead strategic product planning processes to achieve business goals by identifying and prioritizing initiatives and establishing timetables for the evaluation, development, and implementation of all Connectria products and services.
- Represent Connectria at industry events: panels, keynotes, and customer panels.
- Along with Connectria’s leadership, identify opportunities and risks for the delivery of products. This includes the identification of competitive services, opportunities for innovation, and assessment of marketplace obstacles and technical hurdles to the business success.
- Develop and maintain key alliances with Customers and Vendors.
- Lead business case analysis for developing and validating new products and services.
- Provide accountability to the organization on defined product strategies.
- Establishing and maintaining key performance indicators, and communicating these items, on a regular basis.
- Develop budgets, forecasts, metrics and measures. Monitor and evaluate the results.
- Define pricing and competitive positioning.
- Serve as a key evangelist serving as the public face of product with; the press; market analysts; strategic partners; and other industry leaders.
Product Road Map
- Providing pro-active participation and feedback to the Leadership Team to shape the strategic direction of the company.
Business Analytics and Reporting
- Providing leadership for Business Intelligence and Reporting strategy
- Working with Partner Development teams to understand content needs for both internal employees as well as our partners.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to communicate with employees at all levels.
- Ability to multi-task in fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Compliance with No Jerks company policies
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Strong interpersonal and relationship building techniques.
- Effective decision-making and problem-solving
- At least 7+ years of experience in online product management, including experience working with PaaS / SaaS products
- Strong knowledge of Public Cloud native toolsets, including AWS, Azure, and Google Cloud Platform
- At least 2 years of experience managing small teams, hiring, setting goals, and providing developmental feedback.
- Previous delivery of multiple successful products to market.
- Ability to prioritize complex and often competing deliverables and develop creative strategies to maintain progress toward business objectives despite various roadblocks.
- Strong collaborator, with the ability to run large meetings with technical and business leaders, solicit necessary support/buy-in for deliverables, and influence outcomes when needed.
- Experience with market research & customer interviewing techniques.
- Creative problem solver, analytic thinker, and quick learner. Strong conceptual and creative problem-solving skills; ability to work with considerable ambiguity.
- Results-motivated self-starter; relentlessly resourceful and scrappy.
- Meet regularly as a group or individually with core platform architects and developers for the integration of activities.
- Represents the firm with clients, vendors, business partners, media, industry analysts, and the community at large.
- Other duties as assigned