Connectria’s Cloud Products Development team is responsible for defining, developing and maintaining our customer facing hybrid-cloud solutions. We are a cross-disciplinary, fun, and highly collaborative DevOps-agile team that embraces the No-Jerks-Allowed company culture. The Lead Software Engineer will be a key member of the product engineering team. This individual will shape the future of Connectria by creating new services, products and customer experiences. Be prepared to solve complex problems and work on unique challenges while building our Tria and Cloud line of products. You will also help assess and define the cloud based tools and best practices we adopt as we continue to evolve our development capabilities. The ideal candidate will have relevant experience leading small agile software teams or be a senior engineer ready to step up into this role.
The position requires verbal and written communication with customers, vendors and Connectria personnel.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Code! End-to-end and iteratively, from ideation, design, development, monitoring and continuous improvement.
- Be responsive, flexible and thrive in a highly collaborative agile team environment.
- Learn and adapt software skills across multiple tiers, languages and architectures as the business and industry evolves, (e.g. Serverless Framework, AWS Lambda and Azure Service Fabric.)
- Develops unit and test automations and testing strategies that will ensure our engineering practices can move and adapt quickly to change.
- Collaborate with Cloud Operations groups to understand and help support existing cloud environments, monitor health of environments and design solutions to support managed customers.
- Mentor and train members of the Cloud Products team.
- Evaluate issues reported or observed, utilizing problem solving skills and attention to detail to resolve problems quickly and effectively and to proactively prevent problems.
- Collaborate effectively with coworkers and other departments (Security, Networking, Data Protection, and Operating Systems) in support of customer environments and product offerings.
- Prioritize and complete assigned duties expeditiously and within approved windows.
- Stay abreast of latest Cloud offerings (AWS, Azure, Google) and make recommendations to leadership.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Mastery level of at least five years relevant experience with one of the modern programming languages such as Node / Java Script, Go, Python or Java.
- Experience with RESTful services
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively within a team, while also taking the initiative to lead when needed. Management experience and the ability to influence others and gain support for ideas is desirable.
Preferred skills and experience
- Experience with RxJS
- Demonstrated experience with code deployment automation tools such as AWS Code Pipeline
- Demonstrated experience with AWS development
- Demonstrated experience with docker