POSITION TITLE: iNOC Technician
This is an entry level position for a candidate with some background in IT, ideal for recent graduates of IT programs. On-the-job training is provided. We also like to promote from within, so these positions may eventually lead to opportunities elsewhere within our organization.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitors of customer environments using multiple enterprise monitoring tools, including Solarwinds and CCSS for iSeries.
- Completes scheduled daily tasks, thoroughly and completely.
- Communicates with customers and engineers.Interacts with customers to provide and process information in response to inquiries, concerns, and requests.
- Researches required information using available resources.
- Follows standard processes and procedures.
- Identifies and escalates priority issues per Client specifications.
- Redirects problems to appropriate resource.Thoroughly documents all aspects of daily activities.
WHAT YOU NEED FOR THIS POSITION
- Some background in IT required, either formal education or experience, which affords the candidate with some familiarity with networking, ticketing systems, and troubleshooting.
- AS400 experience a plus
- Proper phone etiquette
- Ability to speak and write clearly and accurately
- Demonstrated proficiency in typing and grammar
- Knowledge of relevant software computer applications and equipment
- Knowledge of customer service principles and practices
- Effective listening skills
- Willingness to co-operate with others and work to the greater good
- Multi-tasking capabilities
- Minimum 12 hours of weekend working availability on a Saturday or Sunday
- Exemplary Attendance and Punctuality
- Superior communication skills
- Willingness to learn
- Strong attention to detail
Successful candidates will be required to provide references and submit to and be able to pass a background check.