Connectria has been ranked 15 times as one of the Best Places To Work in St. Louis, and one of the 100 best Places To Work in IT by Computerworld for the past 5 years in a row (2014-2018).
We provide award-winning Cloud Computing and Managed Hosting from our world-class data centers in North America to more than 1,000 customers in 30+ countries throughout the world, and we help customers run their systems securely in Amazon’s AWS cloud and Microsoft’s Azure cloud.
Our customers include 3M, Ameren, Anheuser-Busch, Bank of America, David’s Bridal, General Dynamics, IBM, Merck, and Southwest Airlines among many others.
We operate in a fast paced and growing business environment, best known for our “No Jerks Allowed” company philosophy that treats everyone with respect in a fun and supportive work environment.
POSITION TITLE: Database Administrator
Serve as a member of the Database Services Group that provides database administration for our internal and customers’ database systems that include Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and others in both stand-alone and high/availability configurations.
- Manage database system uptime, data backups & restores, operational tasks; troubleshoot system performance; manage & troubleshoot database file space / storage growth.
- Respond to reports of problems & change requests from customers and internal users; assess technical tasks required and propose improvements / solutions where appropriate.
- Communicate with users and other technical staff via our incident management ticketing system and through direct interaction with customer & internal technical / support staff.
- Work individually or within a team of developers depending on the task/project.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform routine Database Administration tasks (database backups, database restores, grant user permissions, table and file system space management, execute database scripts, apply Oracle & SQL Server patches).
- Troubleshoot operational and performance problems reported by customer or in response to alerts from monitoring system.
- Collaborate with other technical support staff (Windows, Linux/Unix admins, network engineering, project management, infrastructure technicians) on technical tasks; communicate completion of tasks, collaborate with internal teams and external users via internal ticketing system.
- Script and automate database-related tasks using associated system scripting tools for Oracle, SQL Server, etc.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
- Strong experience with ORACLE 11/12; SQL Server 2012+ Versions; Strong knowledge of Oracle and SQL Server installation, database backup & restore operations, table & file space management, performance troubleshooting & tuning.
- Experience / knowledge of high-availability features & operation for Oracle & SQL Server is strongly desired.
- Proficient in SQL scripting (PL/SQL, TSQL), Windows Command Line / Powershell, Linux shell commands.
- Familiarity with TCP/IP network, Windows & Linux.
- Good communication skills (both written and verbal) on technical tasks, coordination / collaboration with other technical staff and application support staff.
- Experience with IBM Db2, MySQL, PostGreSQL, MariaDB, Cloud-based database system, etc. are a plus.
- Oracle and/or SQL Server Technical Certifications are an important plus / desirable.
Successful candidates will be required to provide references and submit to and be able to pass a background check.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
The opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing companies in the country, and a great place to work! Connectria offers comfortable offices in St. Louis and the generous benefits you’d expect from a large company, with the relaxed family-oriented atmosphere of a small company.
We offer an excellent compensation plan, with generous benefits including:
- 100% paid employee medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums
- Paid vacations
- 401(k) Plan with guaranteed match
- Paid disability insurance
- Paid life insurance
- On-site fitness center
- Free personal trainers
- Free gym memberships
- Free identity theft coverage
- Free refreshments, fresh fruit and snacks
- Louis Cardinals & St. Louis Blues tickets for our employees
- And much more!
So if you’re interested in a great opportunity with one of the fastest growing technology companies and a Best Place To Work in St. Louis, we’d love to talk with you!
Connectria, LLC operates in a Tobacco / Smoke Free Environment.
Send resumes to HR@connectria.com.
Connectria, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.