Connectria has been ranked 15 times as one of the Best Places To Work in St. Louis, and one of the 100 best Places To Work in IT by Computerworld for the past 5 years in a row (2014-2018).
We provide award-winning Cloud Computing and Managed Hosting from our world-class data centers in North America to more than 1,000 customers in 30+ countries throughout the world, and we help customers run their systems securely in Amazon’s AWS cloud and Microsoft’s Azure cloud.
Our customers include 3M, Ameren, Anheuser-Busch, Bank of America, David’s Bridal, General Dynamics, IBM, Merck, and Southwest Airlines among many others.
We operate in a fast paced and growing business environment, best known for our “No Jerks Allowed” company philosophy that treats everyone with respect in a fun and supportive work environment.
POSITION TITLE: Cloud Solutions Architect
Solutions Architect is an engineering role responsible for the presales design/implementation of infrastructure and platform as service solutions across all Connectria’s cloud disciplines and performs as the technology spokesperson for Connectria’s sales team.
The Solutions Architect is responsible for providing in-depth technical and business expertise to opportunities to create cloud architectures and solutions for a diverse client base. This position will collaborate with internal resources including Product Management, Product Development, Operations and DevOps engineers to develop best of breed solutions. Assisting with RFP responses, leading whiteboarding sessions and producing fully documented architectures will be a primary requirement for the position. An ideal candidate will carry professional certifications on one or more of the public cloud platforms. The individual will interface directly with the customer in designing, securing, managing and validating solutions, infrastructures, and architectures. The Solutions Architect will need to be proficient in consolidation as well as an in-depth knowledge surrounding cloud migration, disaster recovery, and operations. While travel requirements are generally minimal, travel will be required depending on customer and prospect expectations.
The Solutions Architect will assist in the transition of customers from concept and design to implementation using Connectria’s Management principals, Service Delivery and Service Management. The position is the integration point between sales and engineering/operations.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- BS/MS in Computer Science or equal experience
- 5+ years of experience architecting large scale mission-critical applications
- Two years of experience in designing and developing cloud infrastructure
- Working knowledge of development methodologies;
- A demonstrable mastery of computing concepts and the ability to articulate these concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Knowledge of Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure and general data center technologies.
- Strong understanding PAAS, IAAS, and Platform as Code technologies
- Experienced architecting and implementing CI/CD solutions for automated deployments
- Must understand and have experience with agile development
- Working knowledge of Kubernetes, Docker, or similar tools
- Experience writing and maintaining cloud architectural patterns
- Promote cloud-native architectures, solutions, and processes
- Collaboratively work with engineering teams on cloud architectures and best practices
- Solid data design, management, and operations expertise
- Ability to develop new approaches to complex infrastructure design problems
- Strong ability to communicate design rationale and build consensus
- Must have professional demeanor and approach to working with customers
- Ability to follow procedures and work within guidelines set by the team.
- Ability to grow skills and expand knowledge on best practices using industry available information and documentation.
- Lead technical sales discussions with prospective customers
- Provide expert technical architectural support and guidance for cloud platform sales opportunities, including integration into existing technology, management, and monitoring systems
- Lead the specification and quoting of components to meet each of the customer’s specific needs.
- Travel off-site to perform account review meetings and present technical architectures at customer and prospect locations.
- Lead on-boarding transition processes after the sale has been completed.
- Pull together engineering resources throughout the organization to ensure proper quoting and implementation of services are performed.
- Be the eyes and ears of engineering to identify gaps in service offerings
- Participate in Vendor management processes and drive roadmap discussions
- Lead the effort to build out a standard catalog of products and services and ensure those are appropriately maintained in sales quoting tools
- Champion the brand within the local and extended community to drive awareness for Connectria
- Maintain deep technical and business knowledge of cloud platform industry directions and trends
- Work with the various engineering groups to establish and deliver the platform vision and strategy to support product roadmaps
- Understand and champion cloud, infrastructure, hardware and network solutions to both customers and internal employees
- Provide sales training for product capabilities
- Maintain technical sales proficiencies as defined by our partners (certifications and certificates)
- Produce detailed functional and design specifications for customer cloud infrastructure(s) including Visio diagrams
- Architect scalable infrastructure and customer migration scenarios
- Work with support teams, customer, and other internal groups to address product requirements and resolve customer issues.
- Fit within our mandatory “No Jerks Allowed” company policy
Successful candidates will be required to provide references and submit to and be able to pass a background check.
The primary mission of this position is to assist sales, customers and the operations team with delivering high-quality well-designed cloud solutions and aligned with Connectria provided and managed support services. Your ability to represent Connectria in front of prospective customers will be critical to your success in this position.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
The opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing companies in the country, and a great place to work! Connectria offers comfortable offices in St. Louis and the generous benefits you’d expect from a large company, with the relaxed family-oriented atmosphere of a small company.
We offer an excellent compensation plan, with generous benefits including:
- 100% paid employee medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums
- Paid vacations
- 401(k) Plan with guaranteed match
- Paid disability insurance
- Paid life insurance
- On-site fitness center
- Free personal trainers
- Free gym memberships
- Free identity theft coverage
- Free refreshments, fresh fruit and snacks
- Louis Cardinals & St. Louis Blues tickets for our employees
- And much more!
So if you’re interested in a great opportunity with one of the fastest growing technology companies and a Best Place To Work in St. Louis, we’d love to talk with you!
Connectria, LLC operates in a Tobacco / Smoke Free Environment.
Send resumes to HR@connectria.com.
Connectria, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.