Connectria’s Cloud Products Development team is responsible for defining, developing and operating our customer facing multi and hybrid-cloud solutions. We are a cross-disciplinary, fun, and highly collaborative DevOps-agile team that embraces the No-Jerks-Allowed company culture. As a member of the cloud product engineering team, one of the first tasks of the successful candidate will be to learn restructuredText and our TRiA cloud product offering in order to develop customer user tutorials, documentation and other supporting content. Additionally, you will be working alongside our engineers to take on stories from the backlog to help continue the development of our TRiA Cloud Management Platform. You will help solve complex problems and work on unique challenges while learning as a member of mature agile scrum team.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Work as a contributing member of a scrum team, attending daily standups, receiving daily feedback, completing tasks within the sprint
- Be positive and have an enthusiastic attitude
- Have a keen sense of ownership, urgency, and driven to get things done
- Work with the product owner and software team to create, build and deploy customer web-based customer facing documents and knowledge base articles for the products developed
- Work with other software engineers to implement code enhancements doing full stack, iterative software development.
- Be responsive, flexible and thrive in a highly collaborative dynamic environment
- Learn and adapt software skills across multiple tiers, languages and architectures as the business and industry evolves, (e.g. Serverless Framework, AWS Lambda and Azure Service Fabric.)
- Create, update and execute Cypress automation test and integrate them into our continuous integration process.
- Prioritize and complete assigned duties expeditiously and within approved windows
- Other duties as assigned
What you can learn:
- Work with senior DevOps / Cloud engineers, product owner, and leadership in an agile environment (Lean/Scrum), 2 week sprints, software development, unit & automated testing, continuous integration
- Mentoring / training and completing tasks in some or all of the following: Python, Node.js, Sphinx (reStructuredText), unit testing, HTML, Cloud Services leveraging AWS, Azure
- An understanding of software development and cloud trends
Required skills and experience
- Undergrad student who will be between their sophomore and Junior or Junior and Senior years or a grad student (GPA must be listed on your resume to be considered)
- Familiarity with one of the modern programming languages such as Go, Python, Java Script, Ruby or Java.
- Familiarity with version control software such as GitHub
- Basic understanding of RESTful services and api’s.
- Basic understanding of Agile development
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively within a team or independently to drive tasks to resolution.
Preferred skills and experience
- Preferred majors: Computer Information Systems / Computer Science, or closely related
- Understanding of cloud platforms (i.e. AWS, Azure or Google)