Connectria has been ranked 15 times as one of the Best Places To Work in St. Louis, and one of the 100 best Places To Work in IT by Computerworld for the past 5 years in a row (2014-2018).
We provide award-winning Cloud Computing and Managed Hosting from our world-class data centers in North America to more than 1,000 customers in 30+ countries throughout the world, and we help customers run their systems securely in Amazon’s AWS cloud and Microsoft’s Azure cloud.
Our customers include 3M, Ameren, Anheuser-Busch, Bank of America, David’s Bridal, General Dynamics, IBM, Merck, and Southwest Airlines among many others.
We operate in a fast paced and growing business environment, best known for our “No Jerks Allowed” company philosophy that treats everyone with respect in a fun and supportive work environment.
POSITION TITLE: Azure Cloud Engineer
Connectria is looking for an Azure Cloud Engineer to join our team. You will work with our customers to build the cloud systems infrastructure, focusing on orchestration, security, availability and performance. A successful candidate has strong experience with Azure Cloud services, is self-driven, enjoys learning new technologies, and is willing to stretch themselves to become a stronger engineer and mentor others around them to do the same.
PRIMARY ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Aiding with the rapid delivery of cloud services as requested by the client and internal projects
- Aiding with the development and delivery of internal continuous improvement plans
- You will be an escalation point for advanced Azure fabric and proof of concept support
- Work directly with the cloud teams to explore new product ideas and engineer solutions as new services are added to Azure
- Including but not limited to optimizing cost/capacity ratios, proper monitoring, scaling, implementing and validating database DR scenarios, networking, and security frameworks.
- Establish good working relationships with customers
- Take part in an on-call rotation
- Fulfillment of additional duties as required
Required Skills and experience:
- The ideal candidate will have a System Administrator or DevOps background having previously worked with a Managed Service Provider
- 3-5 years of system infrastructure design and implementation experience
- 1-2+ years of hands-on Microsoft Azure experience or equivalent
- 1-2+ years of PowerShell or equivalent
- Microsoft Azure compute and platform services such as virtual machines, containers, SQL server and application services
- PowerShell, Python, Terraform, ARM templates and JSON experience
- The ability to work in both a collaborative and independent atmosphere, be able to think outside of the box to creatively problem solve issues for clients.
- Experience working in an agile environment with the ability to quickly change priorities as required by client demands
- Good communication skills, integrity and excellent organization skills
Strongly desired but not required:
- Kubernetes or similar container orchestration systems
- Docker Containers
- Azure Active Directory
- Azure Stack
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery (Release Management)
- Azure Certifications
Successful candidates will be required to provide references and submit to and be able to pass a background check.
WHAT’S IN IT FOR YOU?
The opportunity to work with one of the fastest growing companies in the country, and a great place to work! Connectria offers comfortable offices in St. Louis and the generous benefits you’d expect from a large company, with the relaxed family-oriented atmosphere of a small company.
We offer an excellent compensation plan, with generous benefits including:
- 100% paid employee medical, dental, and vision insurance premiums
- Paid vacations
- 401(k) Plan with guaranteed match
- Paid disability insurance
- Paid life insurance
- On-site fitness center
- Free personal trainers
- Free gym memberships
- Free identity theft coverage
- Free refreshments, fresh fruit and snacks
- Louis Cardinals & St. Louis Blues tickets for our employees
- And much more!
So if you’re interested in a great opportunity with one of the fastest growing technology companies and a Best Place To Work in St. Louis, we’d love to talk with you!
Connectria, LLC operates in a Tobacco / Smoke Free Environment.
Send resumes to HR@connectria.com.
Connectria, LLC provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.