Connectria is seeking an AWS Solutions Architect to join our rapidly growing AWS Services team! This fast paced, cutting edge group is a devops focused team responsible for working directly with our customers to help them adopt, monitor, and manage their evolving cloud computing needs. This AWS Solutions Architect is a high-impact role which will play a key part in driving the continued growth of our AWS business. In addition to helping our existing customers maintain and grow their AWS footprint, in this role you will also participate in pre-sales activities including helping prepare proposals, proof-of-concepts, demonstrations, roadmaps, and architectural design sessions. In this role, you will be positioned as the client’s trusted advisor making best practice recommendations and approaches to unlock the full potential of running solutions on AWS. Additionally, as a trusted advisor this role will evangelize DevOps approaches by working with software engineers to build automated CI/CD pipelines and automating the monitoring and operational needs of the AWS environments.
Key Job Responsibilities
- Technical liaising between customers, development & support teams
- Provide technical leadership to support teams & stakeholders
- Collaborate closely with Agile software engineering teams to design and develop continuous integration / continuous deployment pipelines leveraging tools like CodePipeline and Jenkins.
- Mentor and train a team of AWS Administrators and AWS Systems Engineers and facilitate cross training within and between departments.
- Troubleshoot technical issues and recurring problems that impact production applications or business processes
- Design, document, and maintain architecture diagrams for systems, processes, and interfaces
- Direct collaboration with customer account management teams to formulate and help execute delivery and growth strategy
- Being an AWS evangelist, who is passionate about educating customers on the value of Connectria and AWS
- Participating in architectural discussions to build confidence and ensure customer success when building new and migrating existing applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
- Facilitate hands-on educational sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering, or already using, AWS
- Build proof of concepts (POCs) to actively demonstrate solutions
- Manage incidents as a point of escalation and resolving issues quickly and concisely for high profile AWS environments.
Required skills and experience
- Comprehensive understanding of AWS including: AWS Command Line (CLI), AWS SDK, current AWS product offerings and services, best practices and troubleshooting techniques, and experience providing systems administration and issue resolution for AWS.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect – Professional is a must.
- Experience with implementing AWS Services, including (but not limited to): CloudWatch (Events/Logs), IAM Roles, CloudTrail, EC2 Systems Manager, cross account IAM roles, group policies, etc
- Experience with configuring and management of AWS Account and service level auditing and monitoring.
- Expert level experience with IaaS – EC2, VPC, EBS, ELB, KMS, Config, SNS, SQS, SES, SWF, S3, and Glacier
- Data Management – Redshift, RDS, EMR, Data Pipeline, Kinesis, DynamoDB
- Mastery with one or more scripting or programming languages.
- Experience with security and compliance in AWS
- Demonstrated experience with automation tools such as Chef, Puppet (Configuration Management), CodePipeline and Jenkins (Continuous Integration/Development).
- Good judgment in proactively identifying issues and recommending solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to work collaboratively within a team, while also taking the initiative to lead when needed. Ability to influence others and gain support for ideas is desirable.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and projects at the same time. This includes support of existing customers, building out environments for new customers, and ongoing projects.
- The ability to keep current with the latest AWS service offerings and willingness to accept training and certification
- Excellent customer service, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Preferred skills and experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
- Experience with DevOps, Private/Hybrid/Public cloud configurations, patterns, and practices.
- Experience with cloud platforms AWS, Azure, Google, SoftLayer.
- Experience with containers
- Ability to work with REST API.
- Knowledge of datacenter management, ITIL and MOF operational processes.
- Open Source experience is a plus.