Virtual Desktop Hosting and Desktop as a Service (Daas) Hosting
Desktop as a service (DaaS), also called virtual desktop or hosted desktop services, is the outsourcing of a virtual desktop infrastructure (VDI) to a third party service provider. Under VDI, the desktop operating system is run on a hosted server within a virtual machine (VM).
In this delivery model, the hosting provider manages the back-end responsibilities of data storage, backup, security and upgrades. The customer's personal data is copied to and from the virtual desktop during logon/logoff and access to the desktop is device, location and network independent.
Through its partnerships with VMware, Citrix and Microsoft, Connectria provides market-proven Desktop as a Service solutions, all backed by Connectria’s exceptional 24x7 support.
There are many advantages of implementing a Desktop as a Service solution. It offers IT organizations a new approach to IT that’s simple, flexible and affordable.
With the explosion of mobile devices (notebooks, smartphones, tablets, etc.), the lines between work and home have blurred. Workshifting has arrived - employees require the flexibility to work wherever they want and on any device. Cloud hosted apps and desktops enable you to transform mobile devices into powerful work devices, with full access to everything you need to be productive.
- Enjoy simpler provisioning of new desktops
- Lower the cost of deploying new applications
- Shift expenses from capital to operating budgets, all according to predictable, fixed costs
- Increase data security and business continuity
- Extend refresh cycles for client desktop infrastructure
- Allow secure remote access to an enterprise desktop environment